I met with the Nurse Practitioner on Monday and confirmed that the fluid in my lungs is cancerous. I don’t have progression in my lungs but I do have progression around them. So, time to change it up. What do you do? I don’t have a solid answer for that. I reached out to a few of the oncologists that I’ve met with. Including my local doctor, three out of four of them agree with Afinitor, while one doesn’t. In a perfect world, all would agree but we like to keep it interesting here. 😉
I expected these results but that didn’t make them any easier. I was silently hoping for a miracle. Though we didn’t have the best results, that doesn’t mean I am giving up. It means a change in treatment. It means that God has other plans. It means that although I don’t know what those other plans are, I am optimistic about the future they hold for me. I am looking forward with hopeful anticipation at what’s to come. There is a drug that will work miracles for me. Xeloda was not it.
The fluid around my lungs is concerning and we have to keep an eye out to make sure it doesn’t form quickly again. Since I have vacation in January, I will do an xray before it to ensure there is nothing floating around in there…especially since I did not have symptoms. I will have scans in another 6 weeks. That should give enough time for the new drug to start working on me. There is evidence to suggest that it will so we shall see. If there is significant progression, I will need to switch again but we will cross that road when it comes.
For now, I will embrace and enjoy this incredible holiday season with my sweet family. Happy holidays everyone!